- In-code Test Automation projects
- Mixture of remote-based work and on client site.
- Selenium / Mocha / Cypress.
Recruit I.T. have partnered with a leading New Zealand owned and operated Test Automation provider who are looking to add to their growing team on a number of projects about to kick off. This is an opportunity to really make an impact across a range of scaling start-ups to well established enterprise organisations on their journey to automation excellence.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Test Automation Engineer you should be able to set up, configure and manage automation tools on machines (PC and Mac) and be competent with using IDEs such as IntelliJ, Eclipse, Pycharm, Atom or similar. Along with this, you would be working with clients proactively to provide advice to continually improve the level and quality in their automation. Their clients do not use third-party automation software so experience in such tools is not needed. They are more focused on people with experience in coding automation tests from scratch using selenium, chai mocha, cypress, or other similar open source automation frameworks.
ABOUT YOUR TECHNICAL SKILLS
Further to this, they are looking for a great problem-solver that have experience across the following areas:
- Selenium, chai mocha, or cypress automation frameworks.
- BDD (Gherkin/Cucumber/Behave/Specflow etc) test case creation.
- An understanding of the PageObject model and step definitions.
- Coding API automated tests.
- A good understanding of Agile and the role automation plays in CI/CD.
- Configuring and using CI/CD solutions (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo) and AWS EC2 is advantageous.
Depending on your level of experience, you should be able to confidently discuss the following to date:
- How to choose an appropriate framework for an automation project.
- What makes a solid, stable, effective and value-for-money automation suite?
- Examples of frameworks have you designed, implemented or worked with, including a discussion of what worked well and what limitations you have countered.
- Code snippets of work you have done.