- Lead a team in SRE best practise along with remaining hands on
- Influence decisioning happening around you to bring best practise into this organisation
- Full HR leadership in this permanent role with great WFH Flexibility, working with some extremely passionate technologists
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are working with a financial institution with major plans around where they want to progress their tech to, wanting to implement more automation, smaller and safer releases, greater uptime availability etc. They have some super grunty tech currently, some of which might need a little more love than others, but with huge potential to influence and optimise in this role.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
· As a Chapter Lead within this business you will have a split focus 50% of your time focused on your team – covering recruitment, building personal development plans, mentoring, through to performance management. The other 50% is technically focused and hands on.
· Opportunity to work on tasks including automation, alerting, IaC, CI/CD pipeline maturing, release cadence and strategy, test automation and more.
· You will work alongside both vendor resources and internal staff to progress objectives.
· Keep up to date with emerging development techniques and practices
· Working within Agile frameworks/sprints
· Ability to influence SRE practices across the whole organisation – not just your squad.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· Some experience covering HR people leadership including performance management experience is a must
· Ability to influence and mentor those around you to deliver to high standards
· Background in hands on SRE work, and a desire to jump back into this (if not currently hands on)
· Ideally you will hold a tertiary level Computer Science degree
· Ideally you will have experience working to best practices in this area within other organisations and be able to bring this knowledge to the table.
· Ability to work onsite in Auckland 2 days per week. Full role requirement is 40 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online with an updated CV if you are interested in this role or call Tabitha Flack on 021 025 43053 for more information.