- Porirua location, free on-site parking
- Tech stack: Solaris, Red Hat and Windows.
- Fixed-term role with flexible arrangements.
Our client provides a range of services across New Zealand that are supported via a number of digital channels. They play a key part in ensuring our communities and families are safe and free from harm.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Provide support across Database servers, as well as maintenance of production environments to maximise availability and performance of those systems.
- Working with your peers to deliver; database performance monitoring, tuning, replication, automation, and continuous process improvement.
- Carrying out specific daily administration tasks required including- backups, optimisation, installs, and migrations, etc.
- Extensive, proven experience as a DBA.
- Experience across Microsoft SQL Server, Solaris, Red Hat and Windows.
- Proven experience troubleshooting databases in a large organisation.
- Relevant experience in data replication and high availability.
- Knowledge and experience with running databases on applicable operating systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
Please apply online with an up-to-date CV. Alternatively, contact Margot Brown on 027 828 6070.