Recruit IT is working with this industry-leading enterprise client embarking on a significant digital transformation. This role will see you influence the future state of the business and its services. There are some exciting times ahead and this is a rare opportunity to plug into the journey early.
- Ensure that customers are always having the best available service experience and work on addressing issues that are impacting this.
- Development and implementation of system architectures that will meet business needs in alignment with the Enterprise Architecture Practice.
- Gathering requirements and functional specifications, assessing the current software systems in place in order to identify areas in need of improvement, and overseeing development teams
- Regularly update company key stakeholders on any developments in systems architecture projects.
- Integrate any updated specifications and requirements into the systems architecture and be adept at explaining complex problems to management in layman’s terms.
- You will be a passionate technologist, perhaps a very Senior Engineer that has been performing Architectural duties without the title or an experienced Architect that can still cut code on occasion
- You will have strong experience developing Proof of Concept solutions In Cloud Environments (AWS preferred)
- Excellent communications skills across all levels of the business, both technical and non-technical
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design
- Designing service-oriented architecture solutions
- Cloud architecture with AWS – Lambda, API Gateway, CloudFormation, RDS
- Cloud architecture with Azure – Application Gateway, Cloud Functions, DataBricks, Login Apps (advantageous but not mandatory)
- Video on demand and streaming services would be nice to have but not essential
- Video processing, storage, streaming and players would be nice to have but not essential
- Previous project management experience is advantageous
- Applying your data and statistical analysis skills
- Understanding of systems design, ideally with SaaS Products
- Microservices Architectures
- Broad knowledge of operating systems and databases
- This is a grown-up environment where you will have the freedom and trust to get on with your work.
- The hiring manager is a passionate technologist who really values the technical growth and development of the team.
- The team are all down to earth people you can get along with and build long-lasting friendships with.