- Work for an organisation that affect the future of New Zealanders
- Modernisation programme of work.
- Work across applications or databases
This is a large enterprise organisation in the public sector that has its sights set on supporting the next generation of New Zealanders. They are an organisation that gives you the freedom and autonomy to deliver on what needs to be done while offering a healthy career pathway.
This role is focused on supporting and developing both BAU and Project functions for a work stream revolving around cloud capabilities. You will utilise the software development life cycle for new applications, maintain production applications and may be required to provide technical support for production software to business users. Analysis and problem-solving skills are required. This role will also be required to mentor other team members with less sophisticated technical knowledge.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience developing enterprise scale Java applications, ideally utilising a technology stack that includes JEE, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, XML, SQL etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues including performance and security. You will be proficient in Test Driven Development (TDD) and tools such as Cucumber, Selenium and Gherkin.
- Develop new database procedures with the ability to troubleshoot complex database issues
- You will have sound communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to be an effective problem solver (i.e. identifying errors in the code and driving a solution).
HOW TO APPLY
Send in your up-to-date CV and a Cover Letter, addressing the requirements listed above. Alternatively, contact Frances on 027 901 9009 for further information.
Note: All candidates must have a legal right to work in New Zealand for this position. Only successful candidates will be contacted.