- 6 month contract – up to $135 per hour
- Business PM with understanding of tikanga
- Building/accommodation initiative
ABOUT THE COMPANY
This government organisation plays a central role in serving and connecting New Zealanders, communities, and government in order to build a safe and respected nation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Manage the workstream on a large programme of work with a focus around construction. This programme of work has a significant impact on physical infrastructure issues for an organisation that will maintain and preserve New Zealand’s heritage.
It is essential that you have an understanding of Tikanga as you will be required to advocate and support commitment to a kuapapa-centered approach, take responsibilities to ensure taonga Māori and Mātauranga Māori interests are being considered as well as encouraging and supporting the use and normalisation of te reo Māori in the workplace.
You will be very strong on relationship management as this role involves the Senior Project Manager to maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven project management practical experience (PRINCE2 and/or PMP)
- Knowledge of construction projects
- Experience with successfully delivering projects using a people focused and value-based approach
- Experience leading and managing effective project teams
- Experience with financial/budget control
- Outcome focused
- Effective communication and relationship management skills
- Comfortable working in a tikanga/Kaupapa Māori environment
This role will be 37.5 hours per week.
If you are interested in finding out more, please call Frances for a confidential discussion on 027 901 9009. Alternatively, apply online today with your CV.