- Auckland CBD Location
- Take ownership of the organisations databases
- Healthcare organisation
This is a growing healthcare organisation listed on the NZX with over 200 practices and thousands of employees across Australasia.
They're looking for a sole DBA to take ownership of their database environment.
You will report directly to the CIO and take sole ownership of their databases. You'll work with little guidance and will liaise with third parties in a very self-managing role.
They are having some issues around their SQL environment and are also about to kick off a new data warehouse project.
They have one other internal data person as well as a range of vendors such as developers and architects.
What you'll do:
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Monitor the database performance and evaluate complex information coming from a variety of sources.
- Design and implement databases in accordance with stakeholders’ information needs and views.
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Strong experience in Database Administration, particularly with MSSQL.
- Experience with Azure SQL and Azure Data Analytics tool.
- Experience with data visualisation tools. MS PowerBI preferred.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- An understanding of the Health Care industry is preferred but not essential.
- An understanding of federal, state and community data privacy and security policies
- Technically proficient with structured query language (SQL). T-SQL preferred.
- Experience with API scripting languages. Eg. PowerShell,
- General understanding of distributed computing architectures. E.g. Client–server model, MVC
- Proven understanding of database security models and principles
- Understanding of ITIL practices
- General understanding of DevOps/Version Control (GIT)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases. E.g Azure Cosmos DB