- CBD Location
- Competitive remuneration and added benefits creating a fantastic overall package.
- Work for an innovative organisation that is leading the way in the Big Data space.
This organisation is one of New Zealand most recognisable and iconic brands on the international stage. They lead the way in regards to new and current technology while also giving back to New Zealand's communities in various ways. Being a part of this organisation means being exposed to the latest technology in data and analytics while also offering fantastic benefits and growth opportunities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This organisation is looking for a Data Engineer wanting to be a part of an enterprise-sized organisation who are taking their Big Data platforms to the next level. Based in the Wellington CBD, this role will see you helping build their future big data platform that will enable improved decision making and responsiveness to an ever-changing market. Back with very large data sets, an Agile and collaborative culture, and a focus on cloud-based data architectures and services, this role has it all.
You will enjoy coding across either Python or Java, and any experience with Scala would be an added bonus. Day to day you will be responsible for developing data pipelines, involved in the overall solution design of the various tools and platform, along with setting best practices around data pipelines, management, and overall data engineering standards.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Can point to projects and roles where you have supported and built big data platforms and solutions across either Cloudera, Hortonworks, or Hadoop.
- Experience developing and designing data pipeline (both data ingestion and digestion) along with data workflow management.
- Experience across the following tools; Apache Spark, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Sqoop, or NiFi, MiNiFi.
- Experience using CI/CD technologies, as well as source code management e.g. Git.
- Well-equipped across a variety of Data Warehousing and database technologies that could include; NoSql, MySQL, or BigTable.
- Any exposure to Microsoft Azure will be a huge bonus for this role.
- Experience in Digital Analytics, such as Adobe or Google would be beneficial.
This organisation has a huge focus on growth opportunities for staff and fosters a positive and fun work environment. You will join a collaborative and cooperative team who are driven and want to provide the best solutions in the market. While being a delivery focused workplace, they also take time to give back to communities and are always looking for new ways to socialise and have fun.
This is a great opportunity to work for an innovative tech company that is making an impact on everyday New Zealanders and shaping the future of how Kiwi's utilise technology and services. They offer competitive remuneration packages with unique benefits and flexible working conditions.
If this role sounds like you, then apply today with your most up to date CV :)