- Lead the development and enhancement of test automation solutions.
- Lead customer engagements and presales activities.
- Lead and coach a Test Automation team.
Recruit I.T. has partnered with Enhance, one of New Zealand's market leaders in providing Test Automation solutions in the market. They love building and scaling test automation solutions and are looking for someone to lead their Wellingon based practice. You will believe in Automation but doing it in an intelligent way that maximises value and ROI for their customers, and not just automating for the sake of automating. You will be tool-agnostic focusing on a variety of open source solutions, including contributing to Enhance's very own open-source Enhance Test Framework.
ABOUT THE ROLE
They have carved their niche delivering high performing and scalable test automation frameworks, services, and solutions. With continued customer demand Enhance is looking for a Practice Lead to lead and evolve their range of services and products offered in Wellington, whilst also working alongside our leadership team to refine our Framework and tools available to the market.
WHAT DOES YOUR DAY LOOK LIKE?
As our Practice Lead your day will be highly varied from supporting the implementation and delivery of our Test Automation services, developing test automation solutions, and working alongside other team members to draft up proposals, proof of concepts, and reports. You will also be leading and coaching a team of Test Automation Engineers. To summarise this would include:
- Implementing and delivering our wide variety of Test Automation services and solutions.
- Further developing and evolving our framework. This could include looking into new tools, languages, or areas of R&D such as AI/Machine Learning.
- Involved in presales activities including conducting customer presentations, scoping, proof of concepts, and assisting with proposals and SOWs.
- Leading and coaching the Test Automation team including quarterly reviews, training, and coaching.
- Experience in using code-based languages and frameworks including Selenium Java or other similar frameworks (e.g. Python/C#/Ruby/JS using Selenium or other base frameworks).
- You will understand BDD and have experience building Test Automation Frameworks. This will include web, mobile apps, and API in a code-based framework. With any Windows application and mainframe automation experience a bonus.
- Proficient with both Windows and Mac, must be able to operate in a command line/shell environment (DOS/MacOS/*nix).
- Experience with CI/CD with Jenkins preferred but others considered.
- Any experience with AWS, EC2 instances, Docker, CloudFormation is highly advantageous.
- Load and performance experience is a bonus but not essential.
- A consultative mindset. You will need to be able to take customers on the journey towards automation awesomeness, and work with them to acheive their goals.
- Experience leading test automation projects and have examples of this. You don’t need to have officially managed people before but will have mentored, trained and coached automation engineers.
- Excellent listener, able to analyse client requirements and formulate pragmatic solutions.
- Have a teaching mentality, mentoring and supporting less experienced team members with patience and positivity.
- Problem-solving nature, able to independently investigate and try solutions to problems they may encounter.
- 5 Weeks' Leave After 3 Years
- Flexible Working Hours - Mixture of Remote Based and on Customer Site.
- Training & Development Plan
- Health & Wellness Allowance
- Birthday Leave + $100 Voucher
- Friday Afternoon Drinks
If you are interested apply online today or if you would like to pick up a further conversation, please contact James Marsh on 027-426-5159.