- An awesome opportunity for a Fullstack Developer to work with an NZ owned business helping farmers create better agriculture outcomes.
- Attractive salary
ABOUT THE COMPANY -
- Proudly winning this niche market for the past 15 years by aiding the farmers with access to real-time data around field conditions through high-end IoT solutions on user-friendly websites.
- This tech company has been the first choice of vineyard businesses to protect their crop through trusted and operationally efficient devices.
- You will be working with a bunch of cool folks who are passionate about their individual expertise yet humble enough to nurture you while you adapt to their work culture.
ABOUT THE ROLE -
Already imagined your dream job? Great! Let's get to the nitty-gritty now :
- This role is primarily responsible for designing, building, and maintaining distributed applications handling large amounts of telemetry data, providing meaningful real-time monitoring and visualization as well as enhanced analytics.
- You will possess a passion for big data and analytics and have the desire and ability to work on the entire cloud stack of the solution, this being the data processing, data storage, device management or visualization part.
- You are a switched-on person, eager to work close to the customer and have a strong bias towards action and results.
- You are an intermediate level Engineer aiming to move up your career trajectory while taking the accountability of healthy business growth as you will be directly reporting to CTO (Chief Technology Officer).
- Be a good communicator - both written and oral
- Has the ability to contribute to more than one concurrent project
- Work well in a small, but a dynamic team environment
- Be self-motivated, focused and have good time management skills.
- Above all a possess high work ethic and positive attitude.
- Have a feel for business issues and empathy for customers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE -
- 5+ years of commercial development experience
- 3+ years with a tech stack that includes NodeJS, PostgreSQL
- 3+ years with cloud development experience
- Familiar with writing automated tests (unit tests, integration tests etc.)
- Agile (scrum) software development experience
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- A relevant qualification in (Electrical, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science)
- Experience working with IoT platforms, orchestrating fleets of IoT devices
- Experience with big data and distributed systems technologies like Cassandra, Kinesis, Lambda …
- Experience shipping multi-tenant platforms as SaaS
- Experience designing and developing elegant, simple and effective services that are RESTful.
- Enjoy working with a close-knit team where each one's contribution is recognized and valued!
HOW TO APPLY -
Please apply online with your CV if you are interested in this role. Alternatively, contact Shruti on 021 0864 3707 for a confidential discussion.