- Initial 9-month contract
- Be a part of their Azure data journey
- Renowned Kiwi Brand
Working with key stakeholders and their Business Analysts, you will lead a workstream to improve quality, consistency and usability of data stored in their BigQuery datastore
- Document the current BigQuery data architecture
- Identify and implement remediation where appropriate
- Build and deploy BigQuery monitoring for critical scheduled jobs and queries
- Define, build and deploy processes for monitoring data quality, key metrics and calculations
- Define and implement user access and PII best practices for BigQuery environments.
- Work with data architect, data analyst and product manager to define and implement a robust framework for future analytics in BigQuery
- Strong experience building, preparing, optimising and maintaining large complex datasets in Google BigQuery
- Excellent working knowledge of BigQuery architecture, table partitioning, clustering, best practices, type of tables, best practices etc
- Good working knowledge of documenting canonical, logical & physical data models and dimension modelling (Kimball techniques/Inmon)
- Able to analyse and speed up GBQ queries by using denormalized data structures, with or without nested repeated fields
- Hands on experience developing, implementing and maintaining ETL jobs using BigQuery
- Understanding of BigQuery ML
- Hands on experience implementing fine-grained access control using roles and authorized views
This is a grown up environment where you will have the freedom and trust to get on with your work.
The hiring manager is a passionate technologist who really values the technical growth and development of the team.
From CTO down the wider team are all down to earth people you can get along with and build long lasting friendships with.
If this sounds like you then apply today with your most up to date CV.