- Auckland CBD Location
- Life + Income Protection + Extra Annual Leave
- Kiwi Owned Company
This role will allow you to the success of one of NZ's top company's within its industry. You will support and manage the operational aspects of their Azure Cloud platform, including automation, optimisation and security to support their Cloud journey. The Cloud Engineer will join an existing team responsible for creating, maintaining and leading the automation strategy and development of build, release, deploy and reporting tools to continue their journey towards a full cloud native engineering capability.
What you'll do day to day:
- Proactively support, manage and configure the day to day operational requirements of the Azure Cloud platform including stability, monitoring, fault resolution
- Proactive management of resources including subscriptions, resource groups, networking, servers
- Managing different types of aaS offerings including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Optimisation of Cloud services to ensure costs are managed effectively
- Automation of Cloud services to ensure operational efficiency and including using Infrastructure as Code techniques
- Ensure that Infrastructure code is treated as production code and meets best practice
- Ideally a minimum of five years experience in IT Infrastructure design and operations with recent active experience in the cloud infrastructure domain
- Sound knowledge and experience of cloud platforms and services preferably in Microsoft Azure, although knowledge across different cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP is welcomed.
- Design and Operational experience managing Cloud subscriptions, zones, networking, security, file services, key management, API gateways, packing tools, Unix/Linux OS.
- Experience with toolsets for automation and optimisation such as Terraform, Ansible, YAML, Shell Scripting/Powershell, Jenkins, Helm
- Practical and current experience working in a DevOps environment
- Plenty of variety
- A strong leadership group dedicated to creating an environment for your success
- Modern office environment located in downtown Auckland
- Complementary life and income protection insurance and extra annual leave