- Central Auckland location
- Opportunities to lead a team of passionate individuals
- Awesome benefits and competitive package!
We are searching for a driven and technically savvy Cloud Engineer Manager who specializes in being an expert in what they do, but also are keen to have oversight over coaching and mentoring team members. You will have ownership over our Client's DevOps and Cloud Engineering practices which you will also be responsible for improving upon, as well as the execution of the engineering and product roadmap.
You will work closely with the VP of Engineering to build and develop continuous teaching and delivery methods that will not only grow and develop your team but also stimulate and enhance the performance of each of your team members. You will be responsible for leading, developing, and coaching the engineers in your area of expertise, providing the client with a results-driven and well educated high performing team who will be accountable for the delivery, Innovation, integration, and execution of their specific area of knowledge.
What you'll do day to day:
- Proactively support, manage and configure the day to day operational requirements of the Azure Cloud platform including stability, monitoring, fault resolution
- Proactive management of resources including subscriptions, resource groups, networking, servers
- Continuously optimise and improve processes, systems, policies, and methods to ensure competitive business in a fast-paced market.
- Automation of Cloud services to ensure operational efficiency and including using Infrastructure as Code techniques.
- Extensive experience with Azure-based cloud technologies (Azure Infrastructure/ DevOps/ SQL, etc.)
- Experience working within a product centric environment
- Past proven ability to not only motivate people but also build up expert team members individually to become autonomous and driven to deliver quality results
- Background working in Software Development would be beneficial.
- Bubbly personality that can create a fun environnment!