- BAU and project based application specialist work
- Microsoft, Windows, Azure DevOps, Splunk
- Permanent opportunity in Wellington Central
This government organisation plays a central role in serving and connecting New Zealanders, communities, and government in order to build a safe and respected nation. You will join a collaborative, energetic team/culture focused on a mixture of BAU and project based work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Applications Specialist, you will be integral to the security, stability and availability of the internal production environments by providing technical consultancy and effective 2nd/3rd level problem resolution. You will be tasked with supporting Microsoft based technologies and applications, such as Windows, .NET, Active Directory, CI/CD pipelines, and monitoring solutions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and experience supporting Microsoft based applications, across Windows, .NET, IIS, and web-based applications.
- Experience administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) environments.
- Proven experience building and deploying CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps.
- Strong background supporting Enterprise Monitoring and Alerting solutions, ideally Splunk.
- The ability to write ad-hoc SQL Server queries, as well as supporting DNS, Tomcat, Apache, SOAPUI, JSON.
Please apply online if you are interested in this role or contact James on 027 426 5159 for a confidential discussion.